The Orange County Trial Lawyers Association is currently accepting nominations to serve on the OCTLA Board of Directors for the year 2020. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and work together to increase OCTLA membership, enhance membership benefits, coordinate top notch legal education programs and plan our fun social events, we are looking for you to join our team!
- To run for the Board of Directors, a candidate must be a regular attorney member in good standing of OCTLA for two years immediately preceding the election or have actively served on a committee for at least one year. The current year may be used in computing the two-year period.
- Board members are required to: maintain sustaining membership, attend the monthly Board of Directors meeting held on the fourth Thursday of each month, actively participate on one or more committees, and attend the board retreat and strategic planning meeting held February 8-10, 2020.
- Members who qualify and wish to serve on the Board of Directors must timely submit to the Executive Director the following:
- A notice of intent to run for the 2020 Board of Directors.
- A statement by the candidate (100 words or less) as to why they wish to serve on the OCTLA Board along with a head shot photo to be published on the online voting ballot.
- A representation by the candidate as to whether the candidate has been the subject of any State Bar discipline and, if so, the details thereof.
- The Executive Director must receive said statements no later than midnight on November 1, 2019 to be considered.
Board Elections will take place from Nov 4, 2019 through Nov. 19, 2019, by electronic ballot. A paper ballot will be made available for mail-in or facsimile purposes upon request of the member. All ballots, whether paper or electronic must be received no later than midnight on Nov. 19, 2019 to be counted.