The GAVEL Display Advertising
The GAVEL magazine is mailed to over 600 OCTLA members, as well as the Judges and Justices in Orange County, the first week of April, July, October and January of each year.
If you are interested in placing a display advertisement in The GAVEL, CLICK HERE for the Advertising Specifications & Conditions for sizes, mechanical requirements, position policy, closing dates, cost, discounts, conditions and regulations.
If you are interested in writing an article for publication in The GAVEL, CLICK HERE for information and the Writer's Guidelines.
- All advertising is accepted subject to the approval of the publisher, and the publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement at any time without penalty to either party.
- Payment is required in advance for all first-time ads.
- Payment is due within 14 days of receipt of invoice for second and subsequent ad placements.
- A service fee of $10 per month will be applied to any charges which are not paid within 60 days of invoicing.
- All invoices 60 days or more past due which reflect a discount will automatically lose the discount in addition to incurring a $10 monthly service fee.
- Any account more than 90 days past due will be pulled from future issues until such time as all invoices are paid current.
- Credits and Short Rates: If advertiser places more advertisements within contract year than originally contracted for and advertiser is eligible for lower rate, credit will be applied. If, by the end of the contract year, advertiser has not used the full amount of advertising space contracted for, a short rate will be applied.
- Cancellations are not accepted after the closing date. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing. If space is reserved and materials do not arrive before press time, advertiser will be billed for space.
- Publisher is authorized to repeat previous advertisement if new copy is not received by printing date.
- If a multiple schedule of advertising is placed by an insertion order, and issue months for advertising are not indicated, publisher will assume ads will run consecutively unless notifiedin writing before closing date.
- A signed, dated insertion order must be received by the closing date before ads will run.
- Publisher will not be bound by any conditions printed or otherwise appear- ing on any insertion order or contract when they conflict with the terms and conditions of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association's policies for accepting advertising.
- Rates are subject to change at any time. In consideration of the publisher's acceptance of any advertising, the agency and/or advertiser stipulate that either has the authority to place the aforementioned advertising and agrees to assume liability for the contract of the published ad(s). Moreover, agency/ advertiser will indemnify and save the publisher harmless from and against any loss or expense, including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees, should any claim against the publisher arise out of publishing the ad. This Gavel Advertising Specifications and Conditions sheet supersedes all previous sheets.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Janet Thornton at 949-916-9577 or info@OCTLA.org.